you truly want to save the millions of dollars
other Buyers have
saved, across the
purchases your organization makes, this ebid service will help you accomplish
that with little effort. Try it on your current bid project so you can see for
yourself. We are ready to assist you today.
Since 1999 we have provided this advanced Spend Reduction service that helps
buying organizations “get better prices faster” on all of the goods and services
they purchase, without compromising quality or service-levels.
Approved buying organizations may access our service at no cost. We include a
host of professional services, leverage buying, and open competitive bidding,
which has saved all of our 500+ client’s time and money - averaging 12-24% in
ebid? Simple; you want to save
time by having us administer the monotonous
Bid phase of sourcing, and because you want to save money.
does ebidding work? Simple; instead of you receiving a sealed bid, or a
negotiated bid, suppliers bid in an Internet forum where they compete with each
other instead of against you. They can now see all other bids and place lower
bids if they get outbid.
Where can I
ebid? Just about all goods and services you purchase, as you can see in
the links to the right, which are purchases many other purchasing organizations
does ebidding deliver? As you can see from these
links Buyers gain many
more bids, and lower prices, in less time than their traditional bid
You will see the advantages quickly once you try it. Suppliers gain new business opportunities, without the high cost of their sales
force or brokers, so they can bid lower prices in less time.
try it? We make it very simple:
- Contact us at 800-525-2401 to discuss your purchases.
- Press Join Free on the left to create your Sorcity ebid account.
- Send us your purchase data so we can prepare it online for your
We will then provide you a savings opinion after conducting a brief Market
Check. If savings look achievable, we prepare your ebid online for your
approval, research more suppliers if needed (we already have over 600,000 in our
database, some of which may already supply you), and manage the entire bidding
process to deliver you qualified suppliers at the lowest price. You can sit
back, relax, and watch the bidding.
There is no software, training, or cost for buyers. We conduct the bidding phase
of sourcing for you so you can focus on strategic activities, like your next RFQ.
Thermal Receipt Tape
Scanners & Cables
Halite Rock Salt
What makes Sorcity unique?
Unlike the software or consulting alternatives, we
provide a completely managed service, like an external Center of Excellence,
with professional services and advice so you do not have to invest time, people
or resources, or implement, train and support some internal solution, in order
Sales 101: When a Buyer places something out for bid, Suppliers do not provide
their lowest price first, and rarely do so during negotiations, so there is
usually a lower price available.
Purchasing 101: Buyers only have the buying power of their single company, and
do not have the time to seek bids from more than just a few suppliers, or
negotiate at length. This results in a good price instead of a great price.
Sorcity 101: Better tools render better results.
A greater number of Suppliers
+ An open, competitive bidding environment
+ Permission to bid again and again as they are out-bid
+ The power of leverage buying from over 500 Sorcity clients
= Many more bids and the lowest prices available.
Suppliers competing with each other provide a natural market force that lowers
prices better than negotiations or consortium leveraged buys. Add to this the
fact that Suppliers do not incur their standard sales expense, when Sorcity
opportunities are delivered to them, and there is room for further price
How much effort is required? None really; Sorcity was
designed by Buyers as a service with:
- No Cost – Buyers didn’t want to shift the sales cost from suppliers, just reduce
- No Time – Just sign up, send us your RFQ, and we conduct the process for you.
- No Delay – Your ebid is ready in 1-2 days and the bid is completed in 1-2 weeks.
- No Training – We conduct the ebid for you while you watch. There is nothing to
- No Software – All buyers and suppliers need is web access.
- No Consultants – So no added time, disruption, or cost. We support you remotely.
What is the Process?
- We review your typical purchase details (or help you assemble it if needed).
- We obtain market information to determine savings feasibility and advise you.
- We conduct your Online Competitive Bid so you avoid time and effort.
ebidding delivers lower prices from suppliers, typically including your incumbent(s).
- You complete your normal due diligence and then award to your supplier of
Instead of having to research suppliers, administer the RFQ, and negotiate with
suppliers at length, Sorcity facilitates this on your behalf and frequently
delivers better than consortium prices, without compromising service or quality.
Clients Include: Pier 1 imports, Visa, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Vought Aircraft,
Army Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES), U.S. Air Force, Dave & Busters, Brinker
International, Greyhound Bus Lines, Levi Strauss, many school districts and
other government agencies, Hyundai and other premium auto manufacturers,
GreatWide Logistics, and many, many
other private-sector companies.
This is your purchase so you have complete control and final say in the award.
Purchasing organizations do not typically achieve prices this low unless they
use this method, also referred to as eRFQ, reverse auction, and downward
bidding. We add many services, and complete Event management, to eliminate
concerns and ensure success.
Successful companies use a “why not” mentality. As they look at every purchase
in need of bids, it is easy to ask if there is any reason why not to allow
suppliers to compete in this fair and objective bid process.
and works well if there is a
commitment to a small pilot program of 3-5 meaningful purchase contracts, to bid
through this method, with a goal to save at least $1,000,000
across the goods, services and capital
Any purchase you need quotes on can be processed by our team within
in order to deliver you a high number of
open, competitive bids within 10-15 days. You can
gain experience on any upcoming contract you need quoted this month if desired.
Advantages & Differentiators We Provide You (at no cost):
- Advice on what you can be competitively bid and what you can expect
- Professionally managed ebid with the full infrastructure, support and security
- Web access with no software to install for buyers or suppliers
- A quick and easy process to limit your time and net you days saved
- Enable suppliers to be completely prepared to bid in less than 1-hour
- Quality Check all the information you provide to ensure success
- Assist in writing your RFQ and posting it online for supplier bidding if
- Research key Terms & Conditions to help you avoid headaches
- Conduct a Market Check to determine market acceptance and greater bidding
- Customer support for both buyers and suppliers
- Over 620,000 additional suppliers available to bid on your purchases
- Additional supplier research if needed for any purchase you post
- Management and monitoring of all
- Administer all necessary and tailored communications to you and suppliers
- Resolve concerns, issues and exception items as they occur
- Maintain a third-party "independence" factor that suppliers trust
- Provide market feedback to you on the goods or services you posted
- Hold Online Bidding Events from 1 hour to 3-weeks in duration
This alternative frees up your time - typically days!