1) Can CSX please provide samples of all varieties of current checks & remittance advice stubs that will need to be printed? 2) Can CSX provide the holiday schedule, per the requirement stated in the Scope of Work? 3) Can CSX further define Xerox format? Is this a print ready image file? If so, would CSX consider providing a flat file? 4) CSX mentions files being e-mailed as well as transmitted. Will CSX consider transmitting all of the files using the same format and transmission protocol i.e., SFTP? 5) Does CSX have any flexibility around its file transmission times? 6) Under A/P Manual Special Handling Procedures, does CSX have the capability or would they consider placing special handling codes within the print file? 7) Does CSX have the capability or would they consider placing mail codes specifying type of delivery i.e., USPS or overnight, in the print file, as opposed to transmitting separate files? 8) Would CSX consider a change in process where only those files ready for same day print and mail are transmitted? 9) Could CSX further define the information contained on the transmittal document and the purpose it serves? 10) Is remote check printing capability mandatory for the selected provider? 11) Is CSX using pre-printed or blank check stock? 12) Are additional pages printed in duplex or single-sided only?
1)Yes. Samples are being provided to Sorcity and will be available upon request for all registered suppliers. Please submit your request via email by pressing this link: Sample Request Check Printing. Be sure to include all contact information including Name, Company Name, Address, & Phone Number.
2) CSX observed holidays are New Year's Day, President's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Eve.
3) Samples have been provided to Sorcity and are available upon request for all registered suppliers.
4) The check print files being sent to the vendor will be sent via SFTP; however, the audit and SOX control records will be sent via email.
6) We can and do designate special handling codes within the print file. However, there are some that do not get the code assigned with the original request that have to be handled with a pull report.
7) Files will either contain mail codes or checks should be mailed directly. Exceptions are discovered after input and information is transferred when discovered.
9) Some of the checks are sent to "pay locations" to be distributed. The transmittal file contains a list of the checks sent to the location and includes the check number, Employee ID number and name associated with the check.
11) We are using blank check stock. All bank coding is sent in the file.
12) Additional pages (overflow for check stub) are single-sided.
1) We understand that CSX's A/P
Checks are received in two audit check processing files by 9:00 AM EST via email
and that they must be printed same day, is there any way that CSX can provide
the file earlier in the day via a different medium, i.e. FTP?
2) Can you please describe how the
A/P team authorizes the printing of checks?
3) Is CSX open to sending requests
that individual checks be sent overnight mail via a special handling code in the
print file as opposed to a separate request?
4) Can you please describe how CSX
uses planet coding?
5) Is CSX open to a scorecard
approach in lieu of an SLA with Financial Penalties?
6) Do Canadian Items need to be
printed in Canada?
7) Can you please describe in further
detail the online print request process? Are you requesting to have check print
requests made via an online portal or via software and check stock maintained in
8) What Bank will the checks be drawn
on, does CSX need Controlled Disbursement and Reconcilement Services as part of
this Request for Proposal?
1) Currently CSX produces the print file by 1:30 AM. That is the file that has all the detail for you to print the checks. You send CSX AP the audit files by 9 AM EST to review for possible duplicates and to identify any additional checks to be pulled. Then AP emails you the OK to print the checks by 11 AM EST.
2) Once AP reviews the audit files received from supplier by 9 AM EST and then we do our research on possible duplicates, we will send supplier an email indicating that it is OK to print the checks with any exceptions noted on which checks should be pulled.
3) Files either contain mail codes or checks should be mailed directly. Exceptions are discovered after input and information is transferred when discovered.
4) Planet coding is used to track our checks through the US Postal Service. Our checks are coded and we utilize "track my mail" to determine why employees are not receiving their paychecks.
5) The quote submitted must be in conformance with SLA as outlined in RFQ.
7) CSX has no online print request requirement.
8) CSX banking information is not required to print checks.
1) Please describe how the holiday schedule will affect the check printing process?
2) Will CSX provide the pre-printed components, or is the supplier responsible for the pre-printed components?
3) If the supplier is responsible for the components:
a. Primary Image Document Does this represent the check stock?
b. Is it blank or pre-printed with colors? If colors are pre-printed, how many?
c. Please describe the security features referenced in the SOW document.
4) Can you provide a scenario or more details regarding when the second option imaged document would be utilized?
5) Would CSX consider a pressure seal check package which eliminates the need for an envelope? Note: it also eliminates the option of additional inserts.
6) Please describe in more detail how the supplier will allow CSX to print checks at their location.
7) Who provides, or is responsible for, the MICR enabled laser printers? If we are to provide the printers, how many CSX locations are there?
8) Who is responsible for providing the web-portal?
9) Would a supplier be omitted from the entire quoting process if they declined to participate in the web-portal solution?
10) How does A/P authorize the printing of checks? Will we need to wait until 11:00a.m. EST before printing?
11) Are the three check templates pre-printed, or laser imaged on 1 version of blank stock?
12) How does CSX receive the Planet Code information directly from the PO or from the supplier?
13) How many pages make up a transmittal document batch?
14) What type of stock is used for the transmittal documents?
15) How is a record rejected from the printing process?
1. Supplier will not be expected to print checks on holidays. Supplier will be supplied print schedule. Supplier must print and mail if the days fall on non-CSX holidays or make adjustments to print/mailing schedules to ensure mailing requirements if mailing schedule falls on a Federal holiday.
2. CSX will not be providing pre-printed components. Supplier to provide standard blank check stock, no items will be pre-printed. All components of the check (bank information, company name, signature, etc) will be included in the print file layout.
3. A. Yes, needs to be on standard check stock. To be approved by CSX prior to phase-in. B. Industry standard watermark to be used on check stock. C. Refers to the industry standard micro-coding and watermarks on check.
4. The second option provides the supplier with an option to best suit their needs. At times larger paper will be required to comply with overflow information that will not fit on the primary image. E.g. Data that is provided for the "pay stub" will require one page of 8.5 x 14 vs two pages of 8.5 x 11.
5. If supplier demonstrates that it does not create issue for checks that overflow to multiple pages and can handle inserts
6. Upon further review, CSX does not need the requirement below in the Statement of work. At Client's option, Supplier will provide Client with the capability to print checks directly at Client's locations. The service is accessed by users logging on to a designated website with an assigned user ID and password. Checks are printed on MICR-enabled laser printers configured for use with the service at Client's locations. Client may access data and reports related to checks printed by Client through the Distributed Print Module on a daily basis.
7. Upon further review, CSX does not need the requirement below in the Statement of work. At Client's option, Supplier will provide Client with the capability to print checks directly at Client's locations. The service is accessed by users logging on to a designated website with an assigned user ID and password. Checks are printed on MICR-enabled laser printers configured for use with the service at Client's locations. Client may access data and reports related to checks printed by Client through the Distributed Print Module on a daily basis.
8. Upon further review, CSX does not need the requirement below in the Statement of work. At Client's option, Supplier will provide Client with the capability to print checks directly at Client's locations. The service is accessed by users logging on to a designated website with an assigned user ID and password. Checks are printed on MICR-enabled laser printers configured for use with the service at Client's locations. Client may access data and reports related to checks printed by Client through the Distributed Print Module on a daily basis.
9. Upon further review, CSX does not need the requirement below in the Statement of work. At Client's option, Supplier will provide Client with the capability to print checks directly at Client's locations. The service is accessed by users logging on to a designated website with an assigned user ID and password. Checks are printed on MICR-enabled laser printers configured for use with the service at Client's locations. Client may access data and reports related to checks printed by Client through the Distributed Print Module on a daily basis.
10. By email. Yes.
11. Laser imaged.
12. To be answered
13. Varies depending on location.
14. Regular paper.
15. Separate pull file sent for checks to be pulled after print and sent to CSX.
1) How many different litho stocks
are used and what are the monthly quantities of each?
2) If an additional detail
page is required what paper stock is used?
3) What is the monthly quantity of
additional pages needed?
4) Please advise what the "designated website with an
assigned user ID and password" will be used for, i.e. what processes?
all of the different files in the exact same format? i.e. all have the same
record layout and mapping to the check?
6) Under reporting, will it be
acceptable to supply the payroll and overnight shipping report by the following
7) Can you provide sample data files and or sample output for these
documents? This will be required to provide an accurate programming development
8) Under disaster recovery you specify multiple locations with
automatic switch over. What is your SLA expectations if a disaster is
1) CSX specifies the paper type to be used in the scope of work. 2) Same as print stock. 3) Varies week to week. CSX does not have an estimate of quantity. 4) CSX occasionally has requirements that individual checks be printed outside the normal printing cycle. 5) AP information is transmitted in a different format than payroll. 6) Payroll reports (SOX control) can be sent via email the following morning.Payroll Overnight shipping report needs to be included with the Overnight package. 7) Samples have been provided to Sorcity and are available upon request. 8) That there be absolutely no interruption in check printing schedule or timelines.
Can you please provide more information on your courier fees? Are the overnight fees discussed in the scope of work considered courier fees or are courier fees in addition to overnight fees?
I noticed the price flux for paper but can we get one also have for stamps? The price can go up without warning so we would need a clause that allows us to give an increase as they go up but we would only raise prices by the exact amount that is pasted on to us with documentation.
1. Regarding the earlier question where CSX indicated that CSX produces the print file by 1:30 AM, does that mean we would recieve the print file at 1:30a.m.?
2. Regarding the New York weekly payroll, can we confirm that the file which is sent at 11:00a.m. needs to be printed and mailed on the same day?
3. Regarding the Preprinted component, is the Second Option Image Document, truly an option only, or is this required for overflow pages?
4. What is the monthly estimate of special handles?
5. What is the monthly estimate of check pulls?
1) Yes. The file transfer is an automatic transfer. 2) Yes, that is correct. 3) For AP, this is required for overflow pages. 4) There is at least one payroll per month that requires special handling. For AP, there are many that are system generated and a few that we put on the pull list. The system generated are probably between 300-400 in a month. 5) For payroll, that volume varies greatly, but I would estimate less than 20 per month. For AP, approximately 60 per month, ranging from 0 to 15 on a particular day.
1) In the SOW, under Special Handling it specifies that the overnight file has items shipping to 30-40 locations. Is this weekly, bi-weekly, or both? 2) What is the purpose of transmitting the payroll checks up to 9 days prior to the check date? Is the check date always on the same day of the month (e.g. third Thursday or other logic like that) and if so, what is the scheduled day? 3)We can find no reference to how the shipping fees would be paid regarding UPS and FedEx shipments. Who pays for these shipping charges?
1. Our biweekly payroll ships to 30-40 locations; however, other payrolls may ship to one or two locations. 2. Payroll processing dates are done in accordance with our accounting period. Files are transmitted as soon as they are processed. Our largest files are transmitted on Wednesday with a check date of the following Friday. 3. CSX expects to reimburse the selected printing supplier for the fees for UPS and FedEx shipments.
1) For the quantities listed in the Line Item Worksheet, what does the unit of measure, "EA" represent? Are they sheets of stock, images, or completed packages? 2) Does CSX use a positive pay system to verify that duplicate checks are not being printed? (This has to do with security of checks) 3) Is the single postage rate that is to be submitted on the Line Item Worksheet only applicable to 1 oz. mail in a #10 envelope? If not, complete data is needed on the other type of mail size, weight, volumes, delivery options and carrier, to provide a single price. 4) In the weekly/biweekly payroll runs approximately how many checks are being shipped to each of the 30 - 40 locations (a range would be OK) to give us an idea of the size of the packages being shipped? 5) Since payroll checks can be mailed no earlier than 3 days prior to check date, what is the latest that check pulls would be requested on mail awaiting to be mailed? In other words, we should not expect to receive check pulls for mail within that 3 day window, correct? 6) What percent of the volume could receive additional inserts in a year and does CSX provide these as pre-printed inserts? Would they affect the weight/postage of the mail piece? 7) Are the AP checks that are in Xerox format in LCDS metacode, DJDE or some other format and if so, which one?
1. EA stands for each completed item (could be multiple pages for A/P checks) to be mailed. 2. Yes, we use positive pay with the bank. 3. Yes 4. The numbers vary from 2 to 68. 5. Correct 6. Inserts are once or twice a year at most. Usually, we send the formatted letter that will print on a single piece of paper (two tops), the vendor will print and insert. This should not affect the weight/postage of the mail piece. 7. DJDE
The scope of work specifies white check stock. If a different color check stock with equal or better security features can be provided and results in a better quote,is CSX open to considering this option?
Yes. Currently, our check stock is colored to meet the required security features. The check stub is white.