QUALCOMM desires to contract for two Nitrogen Vessels to be installed at its manufacturing facilities in San Diego, CA. in accordance with the requirements listed below. If vendors need to visit the facilities, contact information may be requested by emailing SiteVisit@Sorcity.com
Click below for PowerPoint images of the vessels at each location:
1. Material: Liquid Nitrogen, Purity of nitrogen commercial grade 99.999%
2. Application: Liquid - Delta Design Nitro Flex 1810 handlers and quick cooling on Qualmark chamber.
Gas- Wave solder and fluxer machines by Electrovert, stencil cleaners and Bluem ovens.
3. Volume: Location A Average monthly consumption 290,000 (CF) i. Location B Average monthly consumption 580,000 (CF)
ii. Location A- Daily consumption range between 4,000 cf to 25,000 cf iii. Location B- Daily consumption range between 15,000 cf to 30,000 cf iv. (14 hours / day, 6 days per week)
4. Consumption Schedule: Available for consumption 24 hrs per day, 365 days per year.
5. Vessel Size:
a. Location A To be sized by Supplier based on consumption rates specified. (Currently installed is a 11,000 gallon tank- also provide pricing for an 11,000 tank)
b. Location B - To be sized by Supplier based on consumption rates specified. (Currently installed is a 3,000 gallon tank also provide pricing for a 3,000 tank)
c. Serial number of vessels and foundation requirements (bolt pattern) must be supplied at time of contract award.
6. Pipeline Pressure: 65 psig
7. Pressure: Between 80 and 95 psi
8. Pressure Builder: Start at 80 psig
9. Evaporators: Location A To be sized by Supplier based on consumption rates specified. (Currently installed is a 15,000 cf p/hr)
i. Location B - To be sized by Supplier based on consumption rates specified. (Currently none installed)
10. Withdrawal required: Liquid for location B and Gas for location A
11. Water: To be provided by Customer on-site
12. Electrical Power Requirements: 110V, 20A
13. Phone Line: Supplied by Qualcomm on-site
14. Tele-metering: Required Describe system used.
15. Delivery Requirements: 24 hrs, 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year.
16. Contract Term: Three years with option to renew and can canceled with 90 days written notice.
17. Price: Fixed annually and adjusted based on market conditions.
18. Payment Terms: Due upon receipt w/P-Card (MasterCard)
19. Insurance Requirements: Contractor shall maintain at its sole expense during the term of this Agreement: (i) Workers' Compensation insurance as prescribed by the law of the state or nation in which the Work is performed; (ii) employer's liability insurance with limits of at least $1,000,000 for each occurrence; (iii) automobile liability insurance if the use of motor vehicles is required, with limits of at least $1,000,000 combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage per occurrence; (iv) Commercial General Liability ("CGL") insurance, including Blanket Contractual Liability and Broad Form Property Damage, with limits of at least $1,000,000 combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage per occurrence. Contractor shall have all CGL and automobile liability insurance policies endorsed to name QUALCOMM Incorporated as an additional insured. All insurance as listed above shall be primary and non-contributory and shall contain a provision waiving the insurers right of subrogation against QUALCOMM Incorporated. Prior to the commencement of any services, Contractor will furnish QUALCOMM with certificates of insurance which evidence the minimum levels of insurance set forth above. QUALCOMM shall be notified in writing at least thirty (30) days prior to cancellation of or any change in the policy. Insurance companies providing coverage under this Agreement must be rated by A-M Best with no less than an A- VII rating.
20. Foundation: Work already completed by Qualcomm, sizing and specifications for foundation accommodate vessels, evaporators and any other required equipment currently installed including valve to distribution at site.
21. Technical Support: Supplier to supply technical support as required for the term contract. This to include and not be limited to measuring purity of product at tank, equipment as required to set-up or trouble shoot operation.
22. Nitrogen Vessel Manufacturer: To be supplied new from Minnesota Valley Engineering or Process Engineering.
23. Tank and Supply Readiness: Provide installation plan and lead-time to replace existing tanks avoiding downtime.
24. Distribution Site: Provide location of closest servicing plant to Qualcomm at 5525 Morehouse Drive, San Diego CA, 92121.
25. Customer References: Provide at least 10 customer references within San Diego County
At the end of the bidding, the lowest bidders will be requested to submit a breakdown of their bid to Sorcity. These numbers should consist of the monthly rental rate per vessel and cost per 100 cubic feet of liquid nitrogen.