The company requiring these services is receiving quotes on full-time & part-time Security Services. They will award either a full-time or part-time security service contract, but not both. Therefore, you should submits bids for both full-time and part-time service to be eligible for the contract awarded.
One guard on duty 24/7 service details:
1. Contractor shall furnish properly equipped uniformed guards to perform security services and maintenance of general order customary to the operation at Companys installation.
2. The security guards assigned shall perform the following general security duties:
(a) Designated guard(s) shall make regular periodic tours of the Premises checking all gates, doors, windows, lights and registering such tours as directed by Company.
(b) Report any unusual incidents or hazardous conditions as soon as practical to representatives designated by Company, and in the manner designated by Company.
(c) Submit a written report covering all incidents or hazardous conditions at the conclusion of each tour and additionally maintain a Guard Log Book as required by Company.
(d) Perform all other specific duties in accord with written instructions as agreed upon between Company and Contractor.
(e) Guard personnel shall also perform any additional future duties which Company and Contractor may agree upon in writing after these duties have been duly authorized in writing by proper authority from Company.
3. Such guards shall be employees of Contractor, and Contractor shall pay all salaries, insurance, cost of payroll, equipment and uniforms, and all Social Security taxes, Federal and State Unemployment Insurance and any similar taxes relating to such employees.
4. All guards supplied under this Agreement will not be armed while on duty. If Company designates or requests armed guard services, Contractor agrees to supply all weapons required. Within three (3) working days after Companys request, Contractor agrees to supply California Certified Armed Guards.
5. Contractor hereby agrees to permit a joint pre-hire interview with Company, upon Companys request, for each guard Contractor proposes to hire to serve at the Premises. Prior to interview or hire Contractor shall have rendered to Company a background investigation on each prospective guard consisting of verification of the highest level of formal education attained, the past three years employment history, the past five years residency and a police record check, if available. All guards must have a permanent Guard Card issued by the State of California.
6. No guard may enter on duty at the Premises without a complete uniform. Company shall have the ability to specify, at no additional cost to Company, the uniform to be worn by Contractor guards in performing their duty at the Premises. Company will notify Contractor of the uniform to be required at least one month prior to requiring each guard to be outfitted in the designated uniform.
7. Contractor agrees, at no additional cost to Company that each permanent guard assigned to the Premises shall have at least one 8 hour shift of on-site training and orientation prior to commencing guard services at the Premises. Contractor agrees to supply Company with a schedule of training specifying what subjects and methods are to be utilized to train Contractor guards both prior to and after reporting for on-site training and orientation. Company has the right to direct that certain items be included in the training and orientation. Contractor agrees to incorporate this specified training and orientation into Contractor's normal training program at no additional cost. Contractor also agrees to furnish Company with a copy of Contractor's Guard Handbook and a copy of any other specific instructions which Contractor issues to its guards.
8. No guard permanently assigned to the Premises shall be scheduled by Contractor to work in excess of 65 hours in any seven (7) day period without the expressed consent of Company.
9. Contractor agrees to submit an itemized bill for services to Company after the last day of each month. Company agrees to pay this bill no later than 30 days following receipt of each properly prepared and documented invoice.
10. Should Contractor fail to perform the staffing requirements or any other services which are required under this Agreement, Company after notice may deduct for such deficiencies from the invoice for the period, in accordance with the following schedule:
Failure to Timely Staff Posts $ 50.00
Failure to Replace a Guard within $ 50.00
24 Hours of Customer Request
Post Staffed by Guards Who Are:
Intoxicated $ 100.00
Sleeping $ 100.00
Improperly Screened $ 50.00
Untrained 50% of hourly rate
Improperly Uniformed 35% of hourly rate
Deductions shall apply to each hour of service or fraction thereof in which the deficiency occurred. These deductions are in addition to any other remedies available at law.
The Seller must have a location in California, United States
The Seller must enter into a corporate agreement to extend over a period of 1 year(s)
The Seller must honor the Bid Price for 30 calendar days.
The Seller must be licensed.
The Seller need not be ISO compliant.
Payment Terms: Net 30
This purchase is not taxable
This item requires setup from the Seller Setup need not be included Buyer will not pay for setup
Buyer will not accept substitutes
Other criteria: SECURITY SERVICES AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT, made as of (Date), by and between COMPANY, with its principal offices in Rancho Dominguez, CA. (hereinafter referred to as "Company"), and Contractor (hereinafter referred to as "Contractor").
WHEREAS, Company desires certain security services, as more fully described on Exhibit A, attached hereto and made a part hereof (hereinafter referred to as "Services") to be conducted on Company's premises (the "Premises"), and
WHEREAS, Contractor is in the business of providing such Services and desires to provide the Services for Company;
NOW, THEREFORE, Contractor and Company, each in consideration of the covenants of the other hereinafter set forth, agree as follows:
1. TERM. The term of this Agreement shall commence as of the date set forth at its beginning and shall continue in effect thereafter unless and until terminated by either party giving the other at least thirty (30) days' prior written notice.
2. SCOPE OF SERVICES. Contractor shall provide an efficient business operation and qualified personnel to perform the Services. Contractor further agrees to cooperate with Company so as to properly promote the best interests of Company, and perform the Services in an expeditious and economical manner consistent with the best interests of Company.
3. COMPENSATION. For the proper performance of the Services, Company shall compensate Contractor in accordance with Exhibit B, attached hereto and made a part hereof. Such compensation shall be firm for a period of one year from the effective date of this Agreement, and may be adjusted only on an annual basis thereafter.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY. Contractor, its employees and agents shall treat and maintain as Company's confidential property, and not use or disclose to others except as is necessary to perform Services hereunder (and then only on a confidential basis satisfactory to Company), any information (including any technical information, experience or data) regarding Company's products, plans, programs, plants, processes, costs, equipment, operations or customers which may be disclosed to or come within the knowledge of, Contractor, its employees and agents in the performance of this Agreement, without Company's prior written consent. Upon request by Company, Contractor shall cause such persons involved in the Services on Contractor's behalf as Company may designate to sign individual secrecy agreements in a form satisfactory to Company. The provisions of this Section 4 shall not apply to any information referred to in this Section which Contractor establishes (i) has been published and has become part of the public domain other than by acts or omissions of Contractor, its employees and agents, (ii) has been furnished or made known to Contractor by third parties (other than those acting directly or indirectly for or on behalf of Company) as a matter of legal right and without restriction on disclosure or use, or (iii) was in Contractor's possession prior to disclosure by Company to Contractor and was not acquired by Contractor, its employees and agents directly or indirectly from Company.
5. INDEMNITY. Except as hereinafter set forth in Section 6, Contractor shall indemnify and save Company and its employees harmless against any and all liabilities, penalties, demands, claims, causes of action, suits, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including cost of defense, settlement and reasonable attorneys' fees) which any or all of them may hereafter suffer, incur, be responsible for or pay out as a result of bodily injuries (including death) to any person or damage (including loss of use) to any property to the extent occurring to or caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omission of Contractor (or any of its employees), any of its subcontractors (or any employee thereof), or any person, firm or corporation (or any employee thereof) employed or engaged by either Contractor, within the performance of this agreement.
Company agrees that Contractor shall not be liable to Company under this Section 5 for liabilities, penalties, demands, claims, causes of action, suits, losses, damages, costs and expenses arising out of bodily injury (including death) to any person or damage (including loss of use) to any property caused by or resulting from the negligence of Company or its employees.
6. INSURANCE. Contractor shall not begin the Services under this Agreement until:
(a) it has obtained all the insurance required herein,
(b) it has furnished certificates of insurance satisfactory to Company, and
(c) such insurance and the certificates have been approved by Company.
Every certificate of insurance evidencing the coverages required herein shall provide that no reduction, cancellation or expiration of such insurance coverage shall become effective until thirty (30) days from the date written notice thereof is mailed to name and address of the person designat-ed in Section 8 hereof as the recipient of notices to Company. Additionally, during the term of this Contract, Contractor shall provide further certificates to Company at least thirty (30) days prior to expiration dates shown on certificates furnished pursuant to subparagraph (3) above evidencing that the insurance required herein is in effect after said dates.
Contractor shall take out and maintain for the life of this Agreement (at its own expense unless otherwise specifically set forth) at least the following insurance:
(a) Workers' Compensation Statutory
(b) Employer's Liability $500,000 each accident $500,000 disease - each employee $500,000 disease - policy limit
(c) Comprehensive or Commer-cial $1,000,000 each occurrence, General Liability (Bodily combined single limit Injury and Proper-ty Damage)
(d) Comprehensive or Commer-cial $1,000,000 each occurrence, Automobile Liability (Bodily combined single limit Injury and Proper-ty Damage)
Contractor's general liability insurance specified in subparagraph (c) above shall (i) be provided on an "occurrence" form of policy; (ii) cover all risks and costs associated with false arrest, false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, defamation of character, libel, slander, assault and/or battery, or any like or related acts or alleged acts on the part of Contractor's employees while said employees are acting within the scope of their duties and authority while performing security services; (iii) name Company as an additional insured; and (iv) include coverage for all of Contractor's contractual liability under Section 5 with limits not less than those set forth above.
Contractor's naming of Company as an Additional Insured in its liability policy(ies) pursuant to this contract, shall afford coverage only for the negligent performance of activities by Contractor for client pursuant to this contract, be limited by the terms and conditions appearing in such Contract, and in no event be construed for any purpose as to make Contractor or its insurer liable for the acts or omissions of Company, its agents, servants, or employees.
7. NOTICE. Except as otherwise specifically provided, any notice required or permitted to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been sufficiently given if delivered in person, transmitted by teletype or telegraph or if deposited in the United States mails, postage prepaid, for mailing by first-class registered or certified mail, addressed as follows:
If to Company, it shall be addressed to the Company, Attention: Senior Buyer
If to Contractor, it shall be addressed to Contractor or to such other address or individual as either party may specify from time to time by written notice given by such party.
8. TERMINATION-SUSPENSION. In addition to termination pursuant to Article 1 hereof, Company may, at any time, terminate this Agreement in whole or in part, or suspend, delay or interrupt all or any part of the Services hereunder for its convenience by written notice or verbal notice confirmed in writing. If Company terminates for convenience, Company will reimburse Contractor those costs not in excess of the amount specified in Exhibit B which were previously incurred by Contractor in good faith in connection with the Services, including a reasonable allowance for overhead and profit.
9. STANDARD OF CARE. Contractor agrees that it will perform the Services in a good and workmanlike manner, use sound principles and practices in the performance of the Services to be provided hereunder, and will exercise high standards of skill, care and diligence in the performance of the Services.
10. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR. Contractor is and shall remain an independent contractor in its performance of the Services and neither Contractor nor anyone directly or indirectly employed or engaged by Contractor shall make any representations to the contrary.
11. SUPERVISION. Contractor shall be responsible for the direct supervision of the guards through its designated representatives at the premises to which this Agreement relates and such representatives will, in turn, be available at all reasonable times to report to and confer with the designated agents of Company with respect to Services.
12. CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEE REMOVAL. Contractor agrees that upon written request from Company, Contractor shall immediately, or as otherwise indicated by Company, remove from the Premises any of its employees who, in the sole opinion of Company are not satisfactory.
13. HEALTH AND SAFETY. (OHSA): Company shall advise Contractor of all known safety and health-related requirements and procedures, in writing, at the time of entering into this Agreement and periodically, as necessary, to assure that Contractor is aware of all known hazardous conditions. Such advisement shall address training and equipment required to implement the Client's safety and health program(s).
14. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS. Contractor shall comply with all Federal, State, and local statutes, laws, ordinances, regulations, rules and codes applicable to the Services, including Companys rules and regulations for the Premises.
15. SAFETY. Contractor acknowledges and recognizes the importance of the safety and health of all persons, including, but not limited to, employees of Company, Contractor and other contractors. Contractor shall strictly and carefully comply with all requirements of this Agreement and its attachments pertaining to safety and health, including, but not limited to, the safety and health provisions of Company policies, practices and rules for the job-site. Contractor agrees to devote special care and attention to, and to exercise its best efforts to attain the desired objective of performing the Services without injury to any person.
16. CAPTIONS. Headings of particular articles and paragraphs are inserted only for convenience and are in no way to be construed to be a part of this Agreement or as a limitation of the scope of the articles or paragraphs to which they refer.
17. SEVERABILITY. In the event that any condition or provision of this Agreement shall be unenforceable, or illegal, such condition or provision alone shall not apply and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
18. WAIVER. The failure of either party to enforce one or more provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed to be a waiver of such provisions or of the right of either party thereafter to enforce such provision, or any other provision of this Agreement.
19. APPLICABLE LAW. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND INTERPRETED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS AND JUDICIAL DECISIONS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND ALL QUESTIONS OF PERFORMANCE HEREUNDER SHALL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH LAWS AND JUDICIAL DECISIONS; BY EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT, CONTRACTOR AGREES TO SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
20. LIABILITY LIMITATION. IN THE EVENT OF A CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURIES OR PROPERTY DAMAGE (UNDER THE INDEMNIFICATIONS PROVISION HEREIN, OR OTHERWISE) BY CLIENT AGAINST CONTRACTOR, CONTRACTOR LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE MILLION DOLLARS.
21. THIRD PARTY CLAIMS. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING HERIN TO THE CONTRARY, THE SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT GIVE RISE TO, NOR SHALL BE DEEMED TO OR CONSTRUED SO AS TO CONFER ANY RIGHTS ON ANY OTHER PARTY AS A THIRD PARTY BENIFICIARY OR OTHERWISE.
22. RATE INCREASE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING IN THE AGREEMENT TO THE CONTRARY, COMPANY SHALL REIMBURSE CONTRACTOR FOR ANY INCREASES IN STATE UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE TAXES, AND INCREASES IN ANY OTHER TAXES, FEES OR CHARGES IMPOSED ON CONTRACTOR OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER.