Qty: 140 Unit: Each Part/Model #:Mitsubishi SD 430U
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
AND RESPONSE FORMS
PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION OF CEILING MOUNTED CLASSROOM PROJECTORS
The Spring Independent School District
requests proposals from vendors capable of providing DLP projectors and
installation services.From July
2007 to July 2008 the District expects to install approximately 140 DLP projectors at Dekaney High School.Vendors
should offer proposals that will allow this work to be done in three phases:
One:Contractor will be
responsible for the installation of the stem (1 ½ pipe, lower mount,
speaker and routing the cable through the pipe and installing cable ties, in
Two:Contractor will install
approximately 50% of the projectors, projector mounts, the speakers, power
supplies and surge protectors in August 2007.
Three:Contractor will install
the remaining projectors, projector mounts, speakers, power supplies and
surge protectors in July 2008.
Spring Independent School District is requesting your participation in our
Online Bidding program using the Sorcity.com online service. Online Bidding
allows Spring ISD and vendors to automate the pricing portion of the bid which
saves time and cost.
Online Bidding is allowed by legislation passed
by the State of Texas and is being used by a number of government entities. This
online process allows vendors to bid for a Spring ISD opportunity on the
Internet entering multiple bids if desired. Through Sorcity vendors will be able
to observe all bids placed by all suppliers, but suppliers names will remain
BID SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
are required to submit their entire bid on the internet at Sorcity.com in
the corresponding Online Bidding Event as identified above.
may submit as many bids as desired until the online closing date.
must fill out the electronic Line Item Worksheet provided by Sorcity,
entering their Per Unit price, then enter the calculated Total bid online.
To start the process, create a Sorcity membership
if you are not already a member, then review all the specifications online, then
fill out the electronic Line Item Worksheet provided in the Online Bidding Event
with your Per Unit prices, then enter the Total price online. If a bidder wishes
to bid a lower, subsequent bid, repeat the steps above, starting with the Line
Bidders are required to read the complete bid
package carefully and ask any questions, clarifications or exceptions through
the [View & Ask Questions] button in the Online Bidding Event. By placing a
bid on this Event, you are formally agreeing to abide by all terms and
conditions stated in this document, any attachments, and all terms and
conditions stated in Sorcity Member Agreement. Failure to provide requested
items may be grounds for disqualification.
Projector Mitsubishi SD 430U
Speaker- MediaPhile Ensemble 60-2 Speaker
Power Strip Kensington Model # KMW 62146 670 Joules, 6 ft
2 year service agreement on projector
Cost per single ceiling mounted installation: (including installation of the above components, materials including projector mount, pole, (wall plate NOT necessary) and labor only.
Large Projector Mitsubishi
Large Projector Mitsubishi XD1000U
Large Projector Mitsubishi XL30U
Projector Cart (including assembly) Anthro Large Security Cart
KEY DATES: (Anticipated
for Award - Times are U.S. Central Time)
I confirm I meet all terms and
Will-Bid Event #3826
Suppliers must be registered with Sorcity
All clarifying questions should be entered
Have your opening bid placed to participate
Final bids due
Buyer will contact low bid suppliers
Samples due, if requested by the buyer
Buyer will award to best qualified Supplier
proposal is for Dekaney High School.An order
of work and a list of projectors for the location will be provided upon award of
contract.This facility will
operate on a five work week during the summer of 2007.
the contractors employees must abide by the policies of the Spring
Independent School District.The
District has a zero tolerance policy for the use of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol
on District property.All of the
contractors employees must wear District identification badges while
performing their duties on District property.The expense of these badges is born by the contractor.Failure to meet District policy requirements can lead to contract
cancellation by the District.
must be skilled and fully experienced in this type of work and shall do the work
contractor shall be responsible for removing all debris from their job site and
properly disposing of it.
work is subcontracted, the contractor must notify the District of this fact and
have subcontracted workers properly identified and notified of District policy.The District will have the right to accept or reject subcontractors.
will furnish a certificate of insurance covering comprehensive general liability
and comprehensive automobile liability for bodily injury and property damage in
the amount of $300,000 and Workers Compensation for their construction
portion of this project.The
contractor shall provide satisfactory evidence in the District of such insurance
coverage before work begins.
and Payment Bond
Vendors will be required to provide performance and
payment bonds equal to 100% of the contract award prior to award of the
contract.Cost of these bonds
should be included in the total project cost.
modifications or changes necessary to complete any installation are the sole
responsibility of the vendor.However,
before any modifications or changes can be made to the site Jeff Windsor,
Director of Planning, must approve it.The
Director may be contacted by calling 281-587-3973.Changes for any major modifications, which might substantially affect the
vendors proposal price should be explained in a separate letter, supplied with
the proposal form.Failure to notify the owner of required modifications in a
letter shall be deemed as acceptance of the project and the vendor will be held
responsible for all work required for installation.
law allows school districts to keep information provided in proposals
confidential.We are not required
and will not disclose any information provided in your proposal to any other
company or school district.
Delivery of Proposal
should send their proposals to our offices at 15330 Kuykendahl Road, Houston,
Texas 77090 to the attention of Don Marshall, Director of Purchasing and Supply
Services, by way of courier services or United States mail.This will enable us to identify your proposal and ensure it is included
in our review.Any proposal arriving after the advertised date and time will
not be considered.
may be offered.Because the
equipment requested is available to all vendors, the District will give
preference to vendors offering the products specified.This will provide standardization for repair, maintenance, and
replacement with existing units.
of Work and Minimum Product Specifications
1.Projector - Mitsubishi SD
430U, SVGA DLP Projector OR
Mitsibushi XD205R, XGA Projector.
a.Two-year parts and labor
2. Speakers MediaPhile
Ensemble 60-2 Speaker
a.Two-year warranty on
parts and labor.
Materials and Equipment
Pole extension from ceiling
Power strip installation
All installation hardware and workmanship warranted for
All projectors must be installed to fit a wall
mounted white board without any projector adjustments.School diagrams with specific installation locations will be provided.
are to be ceiling mounted in the area of the projector.
must include system integration assembly, installation, room cleaning and trash
installed projector is to be tested with a laptop computer and VCR for complete
equipment supplied shall be new and not used or refurbished. The
contractor, at no cost to Spring ISD, shall replace any item that does not perform
or meet test requirements as specified by the vendor or contractor.
Service Agreement should include:
Hot swappable projector and
Guaranteed same day service.
Four-hour response time.
Unlimited phone support.
Unlimited on-site technical
Handling of all
complete material list with quantity, unit price, and extended price along with
specifications shall be included in each response.
Independent School District Response Form
Please fill out the
Vendor Response Form
indicating your abilities and qualifications. This form includes a section
for Vendor Trade References. Please fill out out questions completely.
Independent School District Vendor Acceptance Form
Please fill out the
Form acknowledging that you have read and understand the rules and
specifications for this Online Bidding Event.
Sorcity.com is committed to following the Institute for Supply Managements Ethics
Guidelines for procurement and has therefore implemented the following bid
guidelines to ensure all suppliers are treated fairly. Please comply with the following or you may be disqualified from bidding
on this opportunity.
No bids will be accepted outside of the Buyers online Online Bidding Event. Bidding, in any other manner, will
disqualify you for this opportunity.
Sorcity is providing the bidder this (2nd Change
2/8/2007, 1st Change 2/6/2007)Line
Item Worksheet to list per-unit pricing which will automatically
calculate the Total bid price. Only the Total from the Worksheet is entered in the Online Bidding Event. Do not attempt to enter line item prices online or
your bid will be inaccurate. Your general discount in a percent, and your
Dun & Bradstreet number should also be placed in the Line Item Worksheet
Once the bidding ends, all bidders must send in their
electronic Line Item Worksheet to
email@example.com within one (1) hour after the Online Bidding Event has ended.
By placing a bid in this Online Bidding Event, you represent that your firm agrees to all terms,
stated in the Sorcity Member Agreement, and all content, terms, and conditions
contained in this document, except for any exception Sorcity, or the Buyer,
may grant in writing, or on the Question & Answer page linked above. The Supplier understands that no
assumptions are to be made, and that content, or clauses, not contained in
this event do not apply, unless pre-approved by the Buyer and Sorcity.
This bid must be honored for the duration of your discussions with the purchasing
organization, per the terms stated in the Online Bidding Event. If you are unable to honor this bid at
any time, you MUST cease discussions with the Buyer and notify Sorcity. Please read the Sorcity Member
Agreement regarding not honoring your bid and any associated penalty fine.
The Seller must have a location in Houston area, Texas
The Seller must honor the Bid Price until July 2008.
Payment Terms: Net 30
The Seller will ship this order to 1 location Dekaney High School, Spring, TX ISD
Caution: Vendors are cautioned to inform themselves fully on the instructions and conditions hereinafter set forth!
1) Suppliers who are contacted by the buyer once
the online bidding ends, must submit, in paper form, any forms included in this
RFQ, within 24 hours. Telephone and facsimile responses in lieu of this form
will not be accepted.
2) All quotations must be received by the Purchasing Agent no later than the time and date set forth. The Board of Trustees cannot be responsible for lateness of receipt due to mail delays or unavoidable circumstances. Bids and proposals shall be submitted in a sealed envelope prior to time stated on the Bid Notice to the Purchasing Office, 15330 Kuykendahl Road, Houston, Texas 77090. (Date and time opening should also be noted on the outside of the envelope.) Envelope should be marked with the name of the bid or proposal.
3) All bids and proposals must be signed with company name and by responsible officer or employee. Obligations assumed by such signature must be fulfilled. If bids are not made, reasons should be stated on a company letterhead or vendor acceptance form and returned in the bid envelope; otherwise, non-bidders will be removed from the bid list.
4) When an article of a particular make or trade name is specified, this is done to establish a quality standard and is not intended to eliminate competing articles of equal standard. Vendors are at liberty to quote on substitutions giving complete details along with catalogues showing full specifications of each item. If no substitutions are indicated, it will be assumed that quotations are based on our specifications.
5) Failure to observe the above instructions and conditions will constitute grounds for rejection of a bid or removal from the list of bidders.
6) The Board of Trustees reserves the right to award the quotation by individual items or combination of items, whichever is to the best interest of the Board.
7) The Board of Trustees reserves the right to place orders at quoted prices in excess of the original requirements with the consent of the contractor. Quantities are approximate and may be increased by fifty percent (50%) or decreased by ten percent (10%) on the original order without the consent of the contractor.
8) The Board of Trustees reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids or parts thereof and to waive technicalities.
9) Tabulations of bids will be made available to bidders on written request. This information will not be given over the telephone. Proposals are not generally made public.
10) It is understood and expressly agreed that, upon proper acceptance of any or all items by the Purchasing Department and/or Board of Trustees, a contract shall hereby be created.
11) Payment will be made to the contractor within thirty days after the Administration and/or School Board have accepted the equipment and approved the installation or services have been completed.
12) Contracts are considered to be in force during the period stipulated by the bid or until replaced by a subsequent bid for the same products or services.
13) Evaluation of bids takes into accounting the following considerations: price, quality, suitability for the intended use, probability of continuous availability, vendor's service, date of proposed delivery and placement, and life cost/value analysis. Spring Independent School District does not purchase on the basis of low bids alone. The District reserves the right to conduct any tests, evaluations, or comparisons it deems necessary to complete the evaluation process.
14) Time of delivery is a part of the consideration and must be stated in definite terms and must be adhered to completely.
15) In case of pricing errors, the smallest unit price requested will be considered to be the price bid.
16) Vendors may be required to furnish evidence in writing that they maintain permanent places of business and have adequate equipment, finances, and personnel to furnish the items offered satisfactorily and expeditiously and that they are authorized dealers and can provide necessary warranties for items they propose to furnish.
17) Samples and layout drawings of fabricated items, when required, must be furnished free of expense to the Board of Trustee within ten days of date of request. Samples must be tagged with bidder's name. If samples are not used or destroyed in testing, they must be claimed by bidder within thirty days from date of notification or they will become the property of the Spring Independent School District.
18) All contracts and agreements created by this bid/proposal will adhere to Texas Education Code regarding school district contracts and the The Texas Business and Commerce Code.
Warranty and Guarantees
19) The contractor shall guarantee all equipment and materials to meet the specifications of this bid. Any deviations from specifications must be so noted on the bid form. The District reserves the right to refuse any merchandise that fails to meet the specifications indicated by the contractor.
20) The contractor shall provide warranty information and/or company guarantees concerning the products bid. All merchandise that is received and found to be defective shall be replaced by the contractor or fully repaired to the satisfaction of the District before payment is made.
21) All prices are to be firm and are to be F.O.B. destination and are to include all charges noted on the specifications. All shipments to the Spring Independent School District Supply Services Center (Central Warehouse) should be palletized and not to exceed 2500 lbs. per pallet. Items that are not palletized will be dock delivered.
22) Any parts or accessories not specifically mentioned which are normally part of the equipment necessary to complete the installation shall be included in the price.
23) Delivery must be accompanied by a packing list distributing the items included. Boxes will be plainly labeled as to destination.
24) The Spring Independent School District is exempt from state sales tax and federal excise tax and these taxes must be deducted from quotations by the vendor.